My son is 26 months old, and was just diagnosed. Have some questions!
(Boca Raton, FL)
My lovely little boy.
Here are a few of my son Liam's symptoms.
-Wont eat anything unless its freezing cold.
-Hates pants, long sleeves, socks and sneakers.
-Screams, runs and hides when hears loud unexpected noises.
-Competes with other children by physically harming them.
-Is excessively energetic and hard to console.
-Likes to jump, hop, run and blurts out random sounds.
-Falls and bumps himself on purpose.
-Has to be constantly entertained, art works best.
-Throws frequent tantrums, especially in new or strange environments.
-Does best in a home setting.
-Likes to be kissed but HATES hugs, they are quick and does not ever want to be held.
-Plays very aggressively with children, and is rough with toys.
-Has to be clean constantly, washes hands constantly and always wants to take a bath.
-25 word vocabulary with speech imperfections.
1. Is this definitely SPD? Can it be a phase like my family keeps telling me?
2. Occupational and Speech therapy start Monday, how does it help?
3. What are the best crafts and activities I can do with him?
4. What helps getting him to calm down?
5. How do I get him to be nice to other children? He plays great with adults.
6. How long will this last for? Is he going to have these problems always?
Any advice will help, thank you!