by Hannah Biggs
(Mattapan, Massachusetts 02126 USA)

I am a single working mother with a 5 yr child with spd. He needs a lot of help that I can not afford. Is it a place I can contact for help? He will not be able to start school because of this, and can not home school him because I work. I am really in tears for my son. If anyone know of anything please let me know asap.

Thank you,

Comments for Help

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 01, 2012
by: Anonymous

early intervention. I think he is too old for their services (3 years old?)but if you explain your needs, they can steer you in the direction of what else is out there. Also, if he is diagnosed with any thing other than SPD the school system is required to meet his specific needs - he, at % is eligible for an evaluation for an IEP (individual Education Plan) this can help identify any other needs such as learning disabilities which than woud require the school system to foot the bill for many services. good luck!

Apr 30, 2012
by: Dani

Have you tried to apply for Medicaid for him? I have a several friends who have for their children who have disablities. There is no gurantee but it is worth a try!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The SPD Q & A.