Special Education Advocate

We have been having problems with our son in Kindergarten. Even though he has been diagnosed with SPD, the school isn't really listening. Someone told me to look into a Special Education Advocate. Has anyone used one before and has it been helpful?

Comments for Special Education Advocate

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 13, 2009
by: Anonymous

I live in Calif. and we used a SELPA (special education local plan area)organization through San Bernardino county. I know Southern Calif. has this organization throughout all of it's counties. They are a resource for parents and kids but also school districts and community agencies. When my daughter entered into the special education program through her school SELPA worked hand in hand with us getting a proper IEP. They are an organization fully committed to support kids and their families with special needs. Hopefully your county will also have this valuable free resource.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The SPD Q & A.