Does my son have SPD - please help!
My Son is 4 yrs old. The signs alert me:
1. He is afraid of swing particularly.
2. He does not like to play on the play structure on the playground. I have to slid down with him on the long and curvy slides.
3. He is also afraid of kids' loud scream. (the song: rock rock rock your boat ... if you see an alligator, do not forget to scream) all kids in the class enjoy to scream, he would run out of the room because he said he was scared.
4. He does not join other kids on the school playground as well.
5. He does not join the teacher and other kids at their class circle time.
We had him tested when he was 3 with a neurologist. The result was that he is fine.
He is the only child. So we do not know the normal or abnormal behavior. He expresses freely with us, he plays creatively at home. But his behavior outside home worries us.
Is this a kind of SPD?
thank you for your kindly attention