Does this sound like SPD?
I have been a little concerned for my 7 year old. I thought he was just unco-ordinated and would grow out of it but it does not seem to be happening but I am not sure if there is anything wrong with him. He displays the following:
- Keep in mind he is actually very bright and does very well academically and is an advanced reader. Already reading chapter books. However:
- constantly sloppy in body (slouching)
- Really bad writing. Reverses letters. Can not seem to see that there is anything wrong when we point it out.
- walks and talks very slowly. If I ask him to repeat, he always has to start at the beginning.
- Very clumsy - constantly walking into things and tripping.
- Puts shoes on the wrong feet EVERY DAY. Even if I wright L & R on both his feet and the shoes, they still go on the wrong feet. Pants/Shirt on back to front or inside out very regularly. When I point it out, he still does not get that they are the wrong way around.
- Has a lot of difficulty making eye contact when he talks. He often expresses himself with his hands as he talks.
- Refuses to participate in sport or dance. He was in tears at the disco because he can not dance and we had to leave.
Is this just normal behaviour or something else?