Finding An Adult OT For SPD Evaluation

by Ann B.
(Little Rock, AR)

Thanks in part to your site, I realized I have SPD about a year ago. However, I live near Little Rock, AR, and cannot find any OT's in my region, let alone area that might be able to formally diagnose me. Know anyone in my area with this specialty? Thanks.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for asking for help... let's see if we can get you some, ok?

I am in NO way endorsing this person, I just want to let you know that I found this name from on their database for SIPT certified OT's. This is someone who has been trained in administering the SIPT evaluation which may put her into a position of diagnosing and evaluating you, as a possible adult with SPD. She was the only one listed in your town.

Name: Margot L. Anthonisen
Address: 10 Glenridge Road
Little Rock, AR 72227
Country: U.S.A.
Phone: (501) 221-8411
Fax: (501) 227-3771
Certificate #: 520

However, there are other avenues to try if she cannot help you. I think it will be important that you read my first newsletter, Finding An Occupational Therapist For SPD, as it will answer some questions, give some additional resources (like the state by state directory listings for OT Associations and more Arkansas listings, etc.), and should help you find the people you need to call.

If you do not have any luck with this information let us know so we can try to help you further. I am so glad you are pursuing an evaluation and treatment!

Oh, one more thing... you may find our online yahoo support group for adults with SPD (officially diagnosed or not) helpful. You will find it here at: SPD Adult SHARE. They would be pleased to have you join! You will find the resources, support, and validation you have probably needed for such a long time.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it does, or if you need further information.

Take care.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Adult SPD .